Authentic Guacamole Recipe Ingredients
– Guacamole is a classic appetizer or side dish for just about any occasion. Give this recipe a try and you won’t disappoint your guests!
- 3 to 4 avocados
- 1 lime for juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic or you can also use a teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper for some kick!
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to add creamy texture and lighter color (optional)
Authentic Guacamole Recipe Instructions
In a bowl, mash together the avocados (without pit or skin), salt and lime juice. Stir in the onions, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic, mayo and cayenne pepper. Serve and enjoy.
Tip: If you are storing the guacamole in the fridge for any period of time, place one of the pits in the dip, as it preserves and helps guacamole keep the green color. Guacamole should be consumed within 2 days.