Traditional Mexican Guacamole Recipe
– Guacamole is deeply rooted in Mexican food tradition. Much of Southern California and Mexico offers the perfect climate for growing avocados. This Mexican Guacamole recipe features traditional ingredients to bring out the zesty flavors south of the border.
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 large red tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic diced
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 small red chillies chopped with seeds removed
- 2 limes juiced
- Splash of Tobasco or similar hot pepper sauce (you can also use 1/2 jalapeno chopped instead of hot pepper sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Slice open your ripe avocados, remove the pit and using a spoon, scoop out the fruit’s flesh. Place avocado in a bowl and add the chopped tomatoes. Add the diced garlic, onion, chillies, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Mix well and add a splash of hot sauce to taste. Start with less hot sauce as it is always easy to make it hotter after testing it. Add salt and pepper to taste. Blend the mixture well and sprinkle any extra cilantro on top for garnish.
If you liked this Traditional Guacamole Recipe, then you might also enjoy our Hot Guacamole.