San Diego Guacamole Recipe Ingredients
– San Diego and much of Southern California produces approximately 12% of the worlds avocados, mostly the Hass variety. San Diego also has some of the best Mexican food in the world (outside of Mexico of course). Guacamole is a staple appetizer and side dish to many meals for folks living in one of America’s most beautiful cities. Enjoy this classic San Diego Guacamole Recipe!
- 8 Ripe Hass Avocados peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 roasted chopped poblano chile
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
San Diego Guacamole Recipe Instructions
In a mixing bowl, mash avocados and blend in all other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips
Yields: 1 quart fresh guacamole
Serve guacamole immediately. Store leftover guacamole with avocado pits placed in dip. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap to retain freshness.
Nutrition information per serving
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 150; Total Fat 14 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 10 mg; Potassium 484 mg; Total Carbohydrates 9 g; Dietary Fiber 6 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 407 IU; Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 16 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 79 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
If you enjoyed our San Diego Guacamole Recipe, try our Super Spicy Guacamole Recipe.